The Schneider Library houses more than 13,000 books, ebooks, magazines, and electronic resources to serve the needs of our students, faculty, and staff. Early Childhood and Lower School students visit the Library weekly for story time, book selection, and library and technology lessons that are integrated with their classroom curricula. Middle School students receive research instruction as needed throughout the year and can visit the library at select recesses and after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Our program includes:
- Library orientation and electronic catalog usage
- Fiction and non-fiction units
- Best research practices using print and electronic resources
- Digital citizenship, including topics on internet safety, copyright, and plagiarism
- Curricular-based and literature-based project learning
- Book fairs and author visits
The Library's mission is to enrich, support, and teach the Holy Child learning community to become independent, effective, and responsible users and creators of ideas and information. This includes fostering a lifelong habit and love of reading.
Why school libraries are more relevant than ever - Read the post on our Blog.