We consider ourselves experts in childhood education.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is the best choice for families who believe that the first years of a child’s education play an outsized role in helping she or he to achieve a life of happiness, contribution, and success. We recognize that adulthood will come soon enough, so we hold dear these precious years of childhood, fleeting yet critical to each child’s development. In a loving, respectful atmosphere, our children discover their place in the world and the importance of their interconnectedness to others.
Holy Child School at Rosemont’s Early Childhood program includes our Young Falcons, for children who turn three years old between June 1 and December 31, our Falcons program, PreKindergarten, and Kindergarten. The natural curiosity of a child, and their ever-growing sense of wonder of the world around them, provides the foundation for our programs which are designed to cultivate a love of learning, nurture our children’s social and emotional development and build a path to future knowledge through play and interaction.
We are committed to:
- Celebrating each child’s uniqueness to build confidence and individuality
- Developing their physical and social skills
- Educating the whole child with world languages, art, music, reading, math, and science
- Giving our youngest students a sense of family through School-wide events
- Nurturing a child’s sense of wonderment to begin an understanding of God
Every element of our Early Childhood program has been meticulously designed to achieve the academic and social goals of our youngest students, including curriculum, classroom design, faculty, and special events.
Highlights of the Early Childhood program include:
- State-of-the-art technology, including netbooks, iPads, Skyping
- A dedicated playground
- Music, library, and gym instruction with special teachers in PreKindergarten and Kindergarten
- Spanish language instruction and specialized science instruction beginning in PreKindergarten
- Specialized instruction in the art studio and the science lab in Kindergarten
- Use of the entire campus, including the gym, the library, and the Chapel
- Division-wide assemblies, as well as all-School assemblies
- Participation in School-wide events, such as the Halloween Parade
- Music lessons and after-school performing arts classes available beginning in PreKindergarten