At a Glance
- Holy Child School at Rosemont is an independent, Catholic, coeducational school
- It is located west of Philadelphia in the heart of the Main Line
- Holy Child draws students from Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties
- Transportation is provided by public school districts from these counties
- Over 315 students, 2.7 years through 8th grade
- Student to teacher ratio: 8:1
- Approximately 60 full-time and part-time faculty and staff
- Academic Center
- Early Childhood Center
- O'Neill Gymnasium
- Lower School Playground
- Tot Lot
- Dan Algeo Turf Field
- To view our beautiful campus, click here
What Is An Independent School?
A school is defined as independent if it is primarily supported by tuition, charitable contributions, and endowment income, not by tax or church funds; is independently governed by a board of trustees; practices nondiscriminatory policies; and is accredited by the regional association, in our case the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS Bylaws Article 3; Section 3.1).
High School Placement
Our graduates leave Holy Child School at Rosemont prepared for their high school careers. In a recent alumni survey, 95% of respondents strongly agreed that Holy Child School at Rosemont prepared them well for their futures. Our graduates are able to attend the high school of their choice. Click here for specifics.
The Rosemont stop on the Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail line is a five-minute walk from the School.
Public School District Busing
Surrounding public school districts provide free bus transportation as long as the district boundary is within a 10-mile radius of Holy Child School at Rosemont. Busing is provided for 1st grade through 8th grade; several districts also bus
Kindergarten students. Most districts use hubs or transfer locations for pickup and drop-off.
The following school districts provide busing to Holy Child School at Rosemont:
- Great Valley
- Lower Merion
- Marple Newtown
- Rose Tree-Media
- Tredyffrin Easttown
- Upper Darby
- Upper Merion
- William Penn
Please contact your district's transportation department for further information.
Accreditations and Associations
- PAIS (Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools)
- NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools)
- CASE (Council for the Advancement and Support of Education)
- ADVIS (Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools)
- PAISBOA (Philadelphia Area Independent School Business Officers Association)
- NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- Holy Child Network of Schools
Holy Child School at Rosemont administers its admissions, financial aid, athletic, personnel and other programs without regard to race, creed, color, national, or ethnic origin.