- Third Grade Teacher
- Administrative Assistant in the Advancement Office
- Communications and Marketing Associate
- Extended Day Staff
- Substitute Teachers
- Parents' Auxiliary Liaison
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (3 year old-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to ‘Nurture excellence in a Joyful Catholic community’ and are seeking applicants for a full time position teaching third grade, beginning in September 2022.
The Lower School at Holy Child consists of grades 1-4. As one of two third grade homeroom teachers, the successful candidate for this position will be responsible for teaching language arts, math, social studies and computers to his or her homeroom. The Language Arts block is 100 minutes daily and we teach Everyday Math in a 55 minute daily block. The Lower School program includes specialist teachers in Art, Music, Science and Spanish.
Teachers use technology regularly as a teaching tool and as a means of communicating with parents. The School is marked by dedicated teachers, supportive parents and enthusiastic children.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching third graders
- Know how to use technology effectively as a teaching and communication tool
- Have at least 2-3 years experience teaching primary grades in a school setting
- Love children and the developmental challenges they present
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Communicate consistently and well with parents
- Be willing to get involved with the extracurricular life and activities of the school as a coach of field hockey or basketball or moderator of clubs and other activities.
Interested candidates should forward a résumé and a comprehensive cover letter to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont email@example.com AND Jeanne Marie Blair, Director of the Lower School, firstname.lastname@example.org We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and hope to have concluded this search by early June.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (3 year old-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to ‘Nurture excellence in a Joyful Catholic community’ and are seeking applicants for a full-time Administrative Assistant in the Advancement Office.
Working as a member of the Advancement Office and reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Assistant will be a dynamic, engaging, friendly professional who is excited by the opportunity to support the other members of the Advancement Team, and especially, the Director of Advancement, in their work to engage our Holy Child community in our philanthropic efforts. The Advancement Assistant will support a busy office and so the ability to multi task is critical. S/he will also work closely with volunteers and assist them with administrative tasks when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the Advancement team, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and minutes;
- Enter all donations into the Senior Systems database and produce acknowledgement letters in a timely manner;
- Maintain correspondence and donations for the EITC/OSTC program;
- Manage and execute weekly and monthly gift reconciliation reports for Advancement and the Finance Office;
- Assist the Finance Office with the annual audit as it relates to Advancement activities;
- Provide donor reports and assist with the execution of the Annual Report of Gifts;
- Assist in the planning and execution of all Advancement and Parents Association-related events;
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies;
- Prepare outgoing mail daily including postage & distribution.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child school
- Be fluent in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Senior Systems admissions software a plus
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Exhibit effective time management and organizational skills
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
- Be eager to problem solve and recommend changes to increase efficiencies of the office
Interested candidates should forward a résumé and a comprehensive cover letter to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont email@example.com AND Jill Gregori, Director of Institutional Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and hope to conclude this search by early June.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Early Childhood-8th grade) in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek applicants to help us enact that vision statement as our Communications and Marketing Associate.
We seek to hire a self-motivated, creative, and energetic professional who combines strategic thinking with attention to detail and a ‘boots on the ground’ practicality and work ethic. The Communications and Marketing Associate will join a dedicated team that engages with current and prospective families across many communication channels and platforms (web, social media, email, etc.), serves a variety of internal clients (enrollment, advancement, etc.), and strives to elevate our approach and brand with creativity and intentionality. The Communications and Marketing Associate is a 12-month, full-time position that reports to the Manager of Communications & Marketing and is a member of the Enrollment Team.
- Writing and publishing a weekly digital newsletter to the school community
- Serving as the school’s primary photographer, photo editor, and videographer
- Under the direction of the Manager of Marketing & Communications, working to execute web, email, and social media strategies for external and internal audiences
- Supporting the Manager of Communications & Marketing in executing the school’s social media presence
- Supporting internal clients through the creation of signage, slideshows, and other means of internal and external marketing and communications
- Under the direction of the Manager of Marketing & Communications, drafting and publishing email notifications for the school
- Proofreading and editing marketing materials for various departments as needed
- Assist in the support of special events as needed
- 0-3 years experience with a bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Google Workspace; Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Premiere; and all social media platforms; experience with online content management systems (e.g., Finalsite) a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends) in accordance with the demands of the position
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Strong photography and editing skill are essential; videography skills and graphic design skills preferred
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, as well as an understanding of, and respect for, the deadline-driven nature of the office
- Creative, strategic, and innovative thinker who can appropriately react and adapt to changing situations and problem-solve
- Attitude that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Admissions and Enrollment Christine Dymek (email@example.com) and Manager of Communications and Marketing Kelsey Poholsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will begin reviewing applications immediately and hope to have completed this search by Mid-June with a start date shortly after.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (early childhood - grade 8) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to “Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community” and seek applicants to help us live and implement that vision.
We are seeking applicants to staff our after school program called "Extended Day," Monday to Friday from 3:00 to 5:30.
This is an ideal opportunity for a current college student who is thinking about a career in elementary education, who has some experience tutoring young children or has summer camp experience with children between 3 and 12 years old. Our program serves approximately 45 to 50 children daily with 3-5 part time college students who work as staff members. The staff would report to the Extended Day coordinator for the program. The students would need to be at Holy Child by 2:50 to be ready to greet the children at 3:00. The afternoon schedule starts with attendance and snack, then followed by homework time for grades 1-4 and indoor/outdoor play for the younger children. This includes board games, crafts, playing with toys, watching movies, and/or going on the playground until they are picked up. This is an hourly position and staff members complete a weekly timesheet.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Early Childhood to 8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers in our Early Childhood, Lower School, and/or Middle School Divisions. The successful candidates will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and certification and experience in teaching is preferred. We expect our substitute teachers to implement lesson plans, manage with kindness classes of students, demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, and have a sense of humor, a cooperative spirit, and a dedication to teamwork.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Hren, Associate Head of School, at email@example.com.
Holy Child is currently seeking to fill the position of our Parents’ Auxiliary Liaison. This ten-month position begins in late August, runs through mid-June and includes most of the school vacations. The Parent Liaison reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and is a member of the Advancement Team. This individual oversees all volunteers and activities of the Parents’ Auxiliary and acts as a liaison between the Parents’ Auxiliary and the School. The Parent Liaison must be able to coordinate and attend evening and weekend meetings.
Perhaps most importantly, the Parent Liaison is privy to highly confidential information and must demonstrate the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality at all times.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School;
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about working with volunteers and Holy Child parents;
- Be a self starter and willing to see projects through to completion;
- Have proven experience in coordinating and executing large and small scale gatherings that are both friend-raising and fund-raising events;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have proficient computer skills;
- Value collegiality and be a team player.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Tom Lengel, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jill Gregori, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com
We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and hope to have concluded this search by mid May.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.