Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Early Childhood to 8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers in our Early Childhood, Lower School, and/or Middle School Divisions. The successful candidates will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and certification and experience in teaching is preferred. We expect our substitute teachers to implement lesson plans, manage with kindness classes of students, demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, and have a sense of humor, a cooperative spirit, and a dedication to teamwork.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Hren, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Early Childhood-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek applicants to help us live and implement that Vision Statement.
Due to an unexpected departure, we seek to hire a dynamic educator who will serve as one of two co-teachers in our Young Falcons program, which consists of 12-15 children. The Young Falcons program is the first entrance point to our school. Children must be potty trained and at least 2 years 7 months old by September 1 to gain admittance.
This is a ¾ time position (7:45-2:00) with full benefits.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching and working with young children
- Be well-versed in current thinking and best practices of teaching young children, including knowledge of NAEYC standards
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience teaching in a school
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Understand and value the importance of communicating consistently and well with parents
- Develop and maintain a constructive and ongoing rapport with children and parents
- Create activities that are fun and educational for the children
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure that the school fosters an environment that is inviting and nurturing for every child
- Manage day-to-day classroom activities, including structured lessons, free play, bathroom breaks, lunch time and rest time for students
Interested candidates should send a detailed cover letter and résumé to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont at email@example.com and Rita Smith, Director of the Early Childhood program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and hope to complete this search by the end of July.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job related qualifications and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal state or local law.