Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Preschool-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community, and seek applicants to help us enact that Vision Statement as an assistant teacher in our Falcons (3 year old) program.
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate who is beginning her/his career in Early Childhood education, or for someone who has much experience teaching young children, but does not want the responsibilities of a lead teacher.
The Assistant Teacher will work closely with two lead teachers, to help supervise and teach a classroom of 20-24 children. This is currently a 3/4 position, approximately 7:45-2:00, with benefits. We seek candidates who:
- Understand and appreciate our philosophy as a Holy Child school
- Love children and understand their developmental needs
- Are hardworking, responsible, and eager to learn
- Have at least some informal experience (babysitting, Sunday School, camp counselor) with this age group
The ideal candidate will have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood education, or a related field. We will also consider those with an Associate’s degree.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and résumé to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rita Smith, Director of the Early Childhood division (email@example.com) We will begin reviewing resumes immediately, and hope to have this search completed by mid-late March.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Preschool-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to ‘Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community’ and are seeking applicants for a full time position* teaching 3-4 year olds in our Preschool, beginning in September 2021.
The Early Childhood Division at Holy Child consists of a “Young Falcons/early three year old” program, a ”Falcons/three year old program”, PreKindergarten and Kindergarten. Because we have some flexibility to potentially do some internal shuffling, we are seeking a co-teacher for either our Young Falcons or Falcons program.
The successful candidate for this position will create and implement a play based readiness curriculum for three year olds or young four year olds. We seek to hire a dynamic educator who loves children, understands their developmental needs, and will use interactive teaching methods to provide them with a foundation for learning.
Teachers at Holy Child use technology regularly as a teaching tool (less so in Early Childhood) and as a means of communicating with parents. The School is marked by dedicated teachers, supportive parents and enthusiastic children.
This is a full time position with full benefits, including medical insurance. The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching young children
- Know how to use technology effectively as a communication tool
- Love children and the developmental challenges they present
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Communicate consistently and well with parents
We are seeking for this position teachers with at least 5-7years of experience in an early childhood classroom as well as a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood education, but will consider exceptional candidates with less experience.
Interested candidates should forward résumés and a comprehensive cover letter to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Rita Smith, Director of Early Childhood- email@example.com We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and expect to conclude this search by early-mid March.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Preschool-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to ‘Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community’ and are seeking applicants for a full time position as a School Librarian to help us implement that vision.
Holy Child at Rosemont has a newly renovated school library housing a 10,300 piece print collection. The library also provides a 2500 piece digital collection and access to numerous databases and online tools. The School has long been a leader in using and integrating technology to support learning. Students in grades 1-8 participate in a 1:1 Chromebook program; virtual reality, robotics and coding are woven into the curriculum and we have two makerspaces. We are a G-Suite school and make extensive use of that suite of products. The School Librarian is a member of our 4-person tech team and helps to support the use of academic technology.
We seek a dynamic and engaging educator ready to support and encourage our students and faculty with their literary, technological and informational interests and activities. The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for literature, research, digital citizenship, technology and a vision for the role those play in a child’s learning and life. We seek a librarian who will ensure that our collection represents a diverse and multicultural range of authors and topics, and who will think creatively about the important role of the library in 21st century learning. Part of that creative thinking will require our new librarian to build upon established Early Childhood and Lower School programs and to develop and implement a new vision for the role of the library and librarian in today’s Middle School.
The School Librarian will be expected to:
- Teach Early Childhood and Lower School library classes
- Create and maintain an inviting and engaging learning environment
- Collaborate with teachers in all divisions to support curriculum, student learning and research skills
- Collaborate with faculty to make effective curricular literature choices, including representation from diverse authors and voices
- Serve as a connector between faculty, between Divisions and across curricula
- Develop creative outreach services and programs for Middle School classes and students
- Spearhead the school’s efforts to help our students become active and responsible digital citizens
- Work with the tech team to provide support for academic technology integration
- Prepare and manage the annual library budget
- Recruit and manage parent volunteers
- Evaluate, select, purchase and process items for library collection
- Create and implement an effective collection development plan
- Participate in relevant professional organizations to stay abreast of trends and new knowledge pertaining to education, technology, information literacy, and innovative library programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of and appreciation for our Holy Child Mission
- A Master’s degree in library science, preferably in school library science
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an elementary school
- Strong technology skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for literature, technology, information skills and a vision for their effective implementation in an elementary school.
The School Librarian will report to the Director of Technology and become part of a team which also includes two Tech Support Specialists. This is a 10 month position, beginning August 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive depending upon education/training and experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Robin Beaver, Director of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org and Tom Lengel, Head of School at email@example.com. We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and hope to have concluded this search by April 1.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Early Childhood to 8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers in our Early Childhood, Lower School, and/or Middle School Divisions. The successful candidates will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and certification and experience in teaching is preferred. We expect our substitute teachers to implement lesson plans, manage with kindness classes of students, demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, and have a sense of humor, a cooperative spirit, and a dedication to teamwork.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Hren, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job related qualifications and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal state or local law.