Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (early childhood -8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek applicants to help us live that Vision Statement as the School’s Controller.
The School has approximately 65 employees and runs an operating budget of 8 million dollars. The Business Office consists of the Director of Finance & Operations (the CFO), the Controller, and two associates (one of whom is .75 FTE) who handle HR, payroll, accounts payable and receivables.
The School seeks to hire for this position an energetic person who is an active problem solver, is used to a fast paced work environment and is self directed, and who understands and appreciates the unique challenges and opportunities that working for a non-profit entity entail, including a customer service orientation when dealing with the School’s constituents.
Top candidates are expected to demonstrate most of the following qualifications:
- at least 5-7 years of experience working for a non-profit organization
- a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, though a CPA is preferred
- Value the Holy Child mission and working in a faith-based school community
- Be able to contribute at both a strategic and an operational level
- Have exceptional character with the highest level of moral and ethical conduct.
- Be facile with technology, and ideally with Senior Systems software
- Be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time in an environment inclined to interruption
- Exhibit a high attention to detail, with an understanding of cause and effect
- Communicate clearly with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate widely with various constituencies throughout the School’s community including students, faculty, staff, parents and vendors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the business office, including overall responsibility for the general ledger, and payroll.
- Oversee all financial accounting of the school, and ensure the integrity of the accounting processes, systems, and internal control structure in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage general ledger accuracy, cash flow projections and the full calendar of accounting-related activities.
- Supervise all incoming cash receipts and deposits, maintain daily cash balance, and ensure timely, accurate payment of debt service, retirement contributions and insurances.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and explain variances to the budget.
- Coordinate and support the annual audit with external auditors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations to prepare projections and model long-term budget scenarios and forecast updates.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Tom Lengel, Head of School (email@example.com) and Megan Patzuk, Director of Finance and Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and expect to have completed this search by early-mid August.
This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (early childhood - grade 8) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to “Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community” and seek applicants to help us live and implement that vision.
We are seeking applicants to staff our after school program called "Extended Day," Monday to Friday from 3:00 to 5:30.
This is an ideal opportunity for a current college student who is thinking about a career in elementary education, who has some experience tutoring young children or has summer camp experience with children between 3 and 12 years old. Our program serves approximately 45 to 50 children daily with 3-5 part time college students who work as staff members. The staff would report to the Extended Day coordinator for the program. The students would need to be at Holy Child by 2:50 to be ready to greet the children at 3:00. The afternoon schedule starts with attendance and snack, then followed by homework time for grades 1-4 and indoor/outdoor play for the younger children. This includes board games, crafts, playing with toys, watching movies, and/or going on the playground until they are picked up. This is an hourly position and staff members complete a weekly timesheet.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Early Childhood to 8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers in our Early Childhood, Lower School, and/or Middle School Divisions. The successful candidates will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and certification and experience in teaching is preferred. We expect our substitute teachers to implement lesson plans, manage with kindness classes of students, demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, and have a sense of humor, a cooperative spirit, and a dedication to teamwork.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Hren, Associate Head of School, at email@example.com.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.