Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Early Childhood-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community. The school is a member of the Network of Holy Child Schools and is seeking to hire a full-time School Nurse/Health Care Provider beginning in August 2018.
The School Nurse/Health Care Provider will be responsible for the health and well-being of the students, faculty and staff. S/he will be an important member of the staff and will be key in helping us care not only for the physical health and safety of our children, but attending to their social/emotional needs as well. We are seeking to hire a dynamic, hard working health care provider who loves children, understands our Holy Child Mission and will oversee a comprehensive wellness program for our students.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assuming authority for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury, requires routine health maintenance or emergency care
- Administering first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures
- Dispensing medications to students when needed with the written permission of parent and physician
- Maintaining health records, i.e. assuring that physical exams are updated annually and that all forms regarding dispensing of medications, prescription or over-the-counter, are complete
- Proactively educating the school community on health issues. Includes preparing parent newsletters and classroom presentations on current topics such as body image, toilet training and sound nutrition
- Working with parents and staff to interpret and establish health care plans for students with special health concerns
- Promoting a safe and healthy positive school environment, including adherence to all applicable state & federal health & safety regulations
- Educating the parent body about general issues of children's wellness
- Planning for off-site activities, i.e. providing medications and emergency information for class trips and overnight activities.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience working in a health care setting treating children. This is a 10 month position covering the hours 8:00 to 4:00. The compensation package includes full benefits.
- A BSN and a current license to practice as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Adherence to Standards of Practice of Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Understanding of an adherence to principles of confidentiality.
PA Child Abuse History Certification, PA State Criminal Record Check, and FBI Fingerprints are required and must be less than a year old.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jeanne Marie Blair firstname.lastname@example.org and Tom Lengel email@example.com We will begin reviewing applications immediately and hope to have concluded this search by mid-February.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, coeducational, independent school (Early Childhood to 8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers in our Early Childhood, Lower School, and/or Middle School Divisions. The successful candidates will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and certification and experience in teaching is preferred. We expect our substitute teachers to implement lesson plans, manage with kindness classes of students, demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, and have a sense of humor, a cooperative spirit, and a dedication to teamwork.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Deb Borden, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job related qualifications and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal state or local law.