At a Glance
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an independent, Catholic, coeducational school that is located west of Philadelphia in the heart of the Main Line. Holy Child draws students from Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
- Over 320 students, 2.7 years through Grade 8
- Approximately 60 full-time and part-time faculty and staff
What Is An Independent School?
A school is defined as independent if it is primarily supported by tuition, charitable contributions, and endowment income, not by tax or church funds; is independently governed by a board of trustees; practices nondiscriminatory policies; and is accredited by the regional association, in our case the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS Bylaws Article 3; Section 3.1).
High School Placement
Our graduates leave Holy Child School at Rosemont prepared for their high school careers. In a recent alumni survey, 80 percent of our most recent graduates qualified for honors or AP courses during their freshman year of high school. Our graduates are able to attend the high school of their choice. Click here for specifics.
Accreditations and Associations
- PAIS (Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools)
- NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools)
- CASE (Council for the Advancement and Support of Education)
- ADVIS (Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools)
- PAISBOA (Philadelphia Area Independent School Business Officers Association)
- NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- Holy Child Network of Schools
- Academic Center
- Early Childhood Center
- O'Neill Gymnasium
- Lower School Playground
- Early Childhood Playground
- Dan Algeo Turf Field
- MAD (Media, Art, Design) Lab
- Fitzgerald Performing Arts and Athletic Center
- Gaffney Family Field
Transportation at Holy Child
The Rosemont stop on the Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail line is a five-minute walk from the School.
Public School District Busing
Surrounding public school districts provide free bus transportation as long as the district boundary is within a 10-mile radius of Holy Child School at Rosemont. Busing is provided for 1st grade through 8th grade; several districts also bus Kindergarten students. Most districts use hubs or transfer locations for pickup and drop-off.
The following school districts provide busing to Holy Child School at Rosemont:
- Great Valley
- Lower Merion
- Marple Newtown
- Rose Tree-Media
- Tredyffrin Easttown
- Upper Darby
- Upper Merion
- William Penn
Please contact your district's transportation department for further information.
Holy Child School at Rosemont administers its admissions, financial aid, athletic, personnel, and other programs without regard to race, creed, color, national, or ethnic origin.