At Holy Child, Middle School is our upper school.
Our Middle School students play a central leadership role in the life of the School. Here, students in grades 5-8 enjoy a time of tremendous intellectual growth and personal achievement. As our oldest students, they are admired role models and leaders. Holy Child students celebrate the end of eighth grade with a joyous graduation experience that recognizes and honors their achievement.
A Holy Child Middle School education prepares children for great success not only in high school and college, but also in life. Our graduates carry with them vivid memories of childhoods fully explored and happily lived.
Our Middle School curriculum:
- Embraces the 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, and creative and critical thinking
- Is infused with technology facilitated by a 1-to-1 Chromebook program in grades 5-8, a MAD (Media, Arts, and Design) Lab, a video studio, and classrooms equipped with digital projection and sound systems
- Gives students more responsibility with choices of club-style electives, options for a more flexible six-day schedule, and mentoring of younger students
- Includes a strong advisory program to help students make the transition from Lower School to Middle School and ultimately on to a college preparatory high school
- Encourages students to participate in student leadership opportunities and service learning
Highlights of the Middle School program include:
- Overnight trips in all grades
- A robust advisory program
- Annual spring play that attracts participation from 50-75% of our students
- Varied spiritual experiences, including prayer services, Masses, and retreats
- Chorus, handbell ensemble, and jazz band opportunities
- Annual grade-level traditions such as Colonial Festival, Greek Festival, and "A Walk Around the World"
- A no-cut policy for sports and extracurriculars for all grades
- Social and rally events that take place outside of the classroom